Saturday, February 20, 2010

A journey through the virtual world of social media

It was a journey a of different sort. A journey of hardly 20 km from office but it transported me the world of Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and a world of immense possibilities in the virtual world.

A group of 30 professionals was taken on a trip into the digital world by DigitalVidya. It is the Social Media Marketing Bootcamp I am talking about. There were veterans and then there were novices like me. It is the first time I get an insight how being active on Linkedin can do wonder to your business only that you should how to use the medium effectively.

Facebook seems like an ocean where it is difficult to measure its depth, there are immense possibilities. Twitter, I always wonder what this is all about but now I know for sure what this is all about. I being an introvert never used this but now I believe this can be used to express my self 'effectively'.

The life seems to have gone virtual and friends on facebook and follower on twitter matter more than your actual friends. But the life has become just like that. So don't worry, swim with the current :).

No comments:

Post a Comment